Seemed like it was just last week when I was complaining about how fast July flew by, thing was, it wasn’t last week. August certainly beat my July. I hardly know where the weeks went! And I am totally irritated with myself. Seems like I hardly did anything, at least nothing that I really wanted to do. Well,…not exactly, but I’m still mad.
Here’s how August 2016 went:
(1) Excited by how my hashes made me prolific, I decided to do some trial-and-error and find out what would work best for me. In my busy-ness about this matter, planning and planning and planning, I ended up not posting much at all, because I couldn’t make up my freakin’ mind!!! Indecisiveness does not solve anything. I need to fix that about myself. If you were able to follow me, at least, last week, I think you would notice that I tried.
So I have created a new set of scheduling scheme and it will hopefully work. Anyway, my hashes will go like this:
#MondayMemoirs (which I am skipping for now to make way for this), alternating with #MondayReviews (see Helen vs Troy, though that’s more of a comparison of two films rather than a review)
#TuesdayTunes (see They Say Something Together)
#AskWednesday (see Interview with a Komikero REWIND)
#ThursdayTips (wait for it)
#FeatureFriday (I didn’t have any last month. I know already who to feature, but I never get to write the full thing.)
Saturdays and Sundays could be about anything, just like any given day of the whole week.
(2) Happy to say (like I haven’t yet…) that I have a bunch of interviewees already — a horticulturist, a singer, a Muay Thai artist, a comic book artist (we haven’t talked about this yet, but he saw already last Wednesday’s post, so he knows an update interview is coming), hopefully a dancer (haven’t talked about it with her yet), hopefully another martial artist (who hasn’t yet read my invitation for an interview). Now, I am crossing my fingers that anyone of the first three sends her answers for next week’s post…
(3) Well, I got a nice invitation to be a regular writer for My Trending Stories. It’s a new site, they’re still doing stuff to perfect it, but it’s still an honor to be invited, and there’s no such thing as perfect. This is me (CLICK ON IT):
You will see that I am FOLLOW-ing myself. Narcissistic -much. Pathetic, huh? LOL. Actually, I don’t know what I did but I ended up clicking on the follow button or something and can’t even find a way to unfollow myself. But YOU! You, my friends, are welcome to FOLLOW me there, LIKE anything, make a COMMENT.
I post random stuff, meaning, much like here in my blog, I post anything I feel like posting. I want to be able to post for various sections and be versatile. I do choose the less personal thingies. Readers are not there to find out what I did today, what I ate yesterday, where I was last week. Well, I could tell you, but the life of the Real J.Gi isn’t so interesting so, bleh.
Social Media Reach-out:
I am ashamed to say that this whole reach-out thing is kinda overwhelming me. It’s not that I don’t do it. The thing is, I try to do everything, that is why I end up kind of like incapacitated. Talk about irony. I need to be more organized. Or maybe I try to organize everything, that’s the problem. My husband has been saying that with me, I always have to have a process. That is true. But it also causes my downfall. So maybe I’ll just chill-out a bit and be more spontaneous about it. Yes, let’s try that.
Did I mention I have lived with a chaotic mind this past month?
Started with Thomas Hardy‘s Tess of the D’Urbervilles, but then I found Gregory Maguire‘s Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West book online! Yay!!!!
When my August started, it was really messed-up already — remnants of July. If only I could tell you. Maybe the life of the Real J.Gi is interesting after all, at least, for those who like tension a lot. However, it has been my motto to be positive so I try not to let things get to me. They still do, but at least, I don’t sulk about them. You can’t change people, especially not the self-important, self-righteous, self-entitled, judgmental ones. So you change how you react to them instead.
Okay, the happy things: I met up with two of my dearest friends on separate days. Didn’t take a twofie with Jenny; did take twofies with Myra, lots of ’em, but not sure if she’d be okay with me sharing any here. We updated ourselves with one another’s lives. It’s always nice to spend time with your buddies for life.
The sad things:
(1) I missed the Indie Komiks Market. Again. But I never miss the Komikons without valid reasons. Just that they are always valid. I’ll try to make up for it in the Grand Komikon.
(2) Two good guys have left. One good guy is about to. It sucks when you lose people you like, those who have been good to you, who even tolerate you when you’re being talkative or asking too many technical questions while they also worked, who make an effort to not make you feel left out.
A special shout-out to one of my besties, Sherwin The Kraken! I will miss you. Thank you so much for everything, you know I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I hope to still see more of you, but we know that reality is, people do grow apart, at least, by distance. I hope to still be with you and your lovey on the next comics conventions!
Alright, let’s see what September 2016 has in store…
Sounded like August went by fast! Haha, I can’t believe it’s September already! Amazing how you can have a theme every day for your blog, sort of compelling you to write something and stick to it. In turn, maybe this process will help you to be a better writer 😀
Agree it is always sad when someone you get along and like walk out of your life. Those who not only will be there for us, but those who will put up with us no matter what. Haha, you make it sound like you were a handful to them but I am sure you were not and they loved having you round 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
With regard to the “hashes”, I’ve created a schedule for them so it’s not going to be an everyday kind of thing. I honestly don’t have the needed resources everytime, unlike most in WordPressland, so this is the kind of limitations I have.
“you make it sound like you were a handful to them”…LOL!!! Nah. But I’d be annoyed with myself if I had to put up with myself the way they did, ha ha!!!
It’s good that you have a theme of hashes for each week. Then if the inspiration strikes, then you can write about it 😛
Haha, I think most of us would not like to put up with ourselves. You know, I think ourselves annoy us a lot of the time, lol!
LikeLiked by 1 person
True, because no human on earth knows us best than ourselves. If we lie to even ourselves, then we’ve really got a problem.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Adorable photo. Urge your girls to let you share. Take it from an oldster, GF pics are the very best.
This went directly to the spam folder so I missed it! Good thing I check once in a while….As for the pics, will do 🙂