So you’ve decided to join the club and vlog. But it’s been months–years even!–and you’re nowhere near the famous vloggers that inspired you. You’ve been posting daily and religiously ’cause that should make people remember you, right? Yet you’re not popular. What gives?
Let’s just take me, for example. Why is it that I might never be a popular vlogger? Well, I’ve watched enough YouTube vlogs to have observed certain truths. If these are your truths, well, sticks and stones, and no offense meant.
Why I’m not Popular
1. I am not gorgeous.
2. I’m not famous or going around with the “in” crowd.
3. I don’t have the right or more proper equipment.
4. I don’t have enough resources (physical and/or financial).
5. I am not the gimmicky type of person.
6. I’m too shy when I need to be bold.
I only emphasized my observations. It doesn’t mean that if one is this or not that, he/she should stay that way. It depends on what he/she wants to be or accomplish, what that person decides to do and thinks he/she can do.
I have suggested alternatives or simple solutions below.
How to Be a Popular Vlogger
- Just be presentable.
- Actively engage with your audience. Interact with people. Go out sometimes.
- Make an effort to acquire better equipment for your purpose.
- Be resourceful. Find ways!
- Be creative. Make the effort.
- Believe in yourself and be confident.
I have actually shared these whys and hows in my most current vlogpost. There, I further explained a little bit more my bases and insights, own experiences, and conclusions. Excuse some of the mildly rough edited parts.
Perseverance pays off only when you do things right. It doesn’t matter how many times you post. If you ignore the importance of relevant content to people, then people will ignore you back.