Thar’s gold in them treasure chests!!! And I’m gon’ get all of ’em treasures!!! Grrrrrrroaarr!!!!
…Oops. Pardon me. I was just channeling my inner pirate and got carried away. Well, who wouldn’t be carried away when you have the chance to get everything in your dream loot? RRaaarrr!!! Move over, Jack Sparrow!!! It’s my party and I’ll loot as much as I want to.
As for you, my readers, you probably are already wondering if you should click on Exit or the Back button and leave me with my hallucinations. No need, guys. I am just excited because I am (maybe) a step closer to getting the BEST. LOOT. EVER. And this is no hallucination. I am talking about LOOT CRATE‘s Dream Crate project.
Loot Crate is a monthly subscription service especially meant for the geeks, gamers and pop culture fanatics. Each crate is a mystery box full of various items based around a theme and You (a.k.a. The Geek) get to receive this box and every thing in it.
“No matter what you geek out about, Loot Crate™ has a monthly subscription box for you! Exclusive collectibles, apparel and gear delivered to your door.”
Epic wins. Every month. Why not? I want my “epic mystery box of ridiculously cool surprises”, if it isn’t obvious. Therefore, I have decided to take part in a Loot Crate project.
It’s called the DREAM CRATE Project, which should allow me, ze geek, to hypothetically put together my own creatively themed dream crate. I can select whatever I want to see in my box and go over-the-top loot crazy! The funnest part is I am given 100% reign over the kind of items in my crate.
I may or may not get my wishes, most probably not all, but there’s no harm in trying, right? If I do get to win with the theme, that would be one of the most awesome surprises. I might even post the great unboxing right on YouTube if I can get a nice camera and get over my camera ‘fright’. Now, since May is my special month, may the stars align and the force be with me.
I took time posting because I took time deciding on a theme. Then I took time doing research (I am Research Girl, so naturally…). My theme, I decided, is going to be a mish-mash of the various stuff that interest me, pretty much like what my whole blog is about, which is eclectic. Now, one big reason this took long was exactly this reason…I didn’t know which idea to throw away!!!
I’m calling this theme “The EclecticPop Dreams Crate”. It’s for those who don’t really want to be tied to just one theme because really, there are so many cool stuff out there. I’ve taken the challenge and decided to follow their advice: to have fun, be creative, and go as over the top as possible. If this is not over the top, then I don’t know what is. I listed down A LOT, but that’s because I want to have more chances. “If they don’t have this item, maybe they’ll have the other one,” know what I mean?
So, without further ado, let’s get down to business. Geek, ON! (Oh, and if you see asterisks, that means I reeeeeaally want them).
In my monthly recaps, I had to make a poll asking people which they would suggest for me to read next, Game of Thrones or The Hunger Games? It was a tie. I am hardly an e-book reader because I really prefer the sight, smell and feel of real books. For my dream crate, I’d like the whole set(s) of either or both book series. Woohoo!
To complete my library request, though, this BONES fangirl is requesting a whole set of Kathy Reichs‘ Brennan forensics series. That should keep this wannabe-squint busy.
I do need to complete my Harry Potter books. I would love it if I could get Books 3, 6 & 7.
And while we’re at it, as a special request, I would like another COMPLETE set of this. I would like to be able to pay it forward and donate the set to a library. (Loot Crate is free to add more kids’ books if they want to *wink!*)
Last, I definitely would appreciate it if I get the comics issues of The Walking Dead. PLEEAAAASSSEEEE.
Ergo, just so we’re clear on it, I wish for the…
- Game of Thrones complete book set
- Hunger Games whole trilogy set
- **Harry Potter Books 3, 6 & 7
- **Harry Potter complete book set
- **The Walking Dead comics edition, all issues
Music and Musicals
- **The CATS The Musical DVD
- **The WICKED Musical libretto and/or a signed Broadway script (Please, gimme Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth!)
- the Pentatonix debut EP PTX Volume 1
No explanations needed. I wish for Complete season DVDs, from the first-ever episode of the first season(s) to the last or latest episode of the last or latest season(s) of any of these (all maybe? ha ha!!!), and then some:
- **CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (a.k.a. CSI: Las Vegas, the original)
- **NCIS (the original)
- The Best of Abby DVD
- MacGyver (Surprise!!! Well, in the ’80s, it was pop culture. Of course, I’m referring to the old one)
- **The Walking Dead (TWD) (Yes, I’ve seen all seasons and now, I want ALL)
- **Star Trek: The Next Generation (ST:TNG) remastered series set The Full Journey
- Star Trek: The Compendium Blu-Ray
More Memorabilia & Collectibles
Oh, this is my favorite part. I loooove memorabilia/collectibles. My brain is going haywire just thinking of everything!!!
- **PREFERRED: Action figures.
1. From TWD’s ShopTheWalkingDead.com (in order of preference):
a. I want the detailed McFarlane Collector Edition solo action figures, but I definitely would LOVE to have any of these first: **Daryl Dixon Resin Statue 1 and **Statue 2, **Daryl with new bike, **Negan and Glenn Delux Boxed Set, Rick on horse. I wanted a good Carol figure, but *insert sad face here*
b.There’s a whole Eaglemoss collection of TWD figures. It would be great to see 12 of the main characters on the collector’s model display. My priority is to have these characters, at least: Rick, Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Michonne, Carl, Maggie, Walker Merle (to hit two birds with one stone – a main character and a walker rep), Sasha, Hershel, Shane, Lori (if any).
c. If the above items are not possible, then I’ll settle for Funko Pop stuff, but none of those short-hair Daryl ones and Young Carl, though. Don’t forget Carol!!!
d. **Carol stickers from RedBubble.com, like Match Made in Hell. Hey, Carol’s my most fave–she’s the new Daryl.
2. **Assorted: Various ST characters (Spock, Capt. Kirk, Lt. Sulu, Capt. Picard, Cmdr. Riker, Counselor Troi, Data, Worf, Geordi La Forge, Tasha Yar, Q, Guinan, Capt. Sisko, Quark, Kira Nerys, Jadzia Dax, Odo, Capt. Janeway, Tuvok, B’elanna Torres, Seven of Nine)
- **Any signed episode script(s) (but preferably Pilot script) of BONES, Buffy TVS, Charmed, CSI, NCIS, Psych, The Walking Dead, Xena: Warrior Princess…Honestly, I’m getting mental block right now.
- Show/Movie/Character-based stuff
- **Daryl’s Crossbow Role Play Weapon
- **Michonne Bundle (or as individual items)
- **The Walking Dead Play and Display Shelves!!!
- The Molded Zombie Mug
- **Any Walking Dead board game for the family
- A replica of Hershel/Glenn’s watch
- Any well-made NCIS’ Bert the Farting Hippo merchandise (if the farting stuffed toy is now available, that would be so farting great!!!)
- **Abby’s Caf-Pow! tumbler
- **A detailed replica of ST: TNG Starship Enterprise!!! (A MUST!!!)
- Star Trek Original Series Phaser Universal Remote Control
- **BONES The Final Chapter Commemorative Promo Press Kit!!! (Yes, please!)
- **BONES Cast-signed Photo Autograph Reprint
- BONES Wall-framed Canvas Print (this ONE is good)
- CSI Round duffel bag
- **Harry Potter merchandise (any of these) – cloaks/school uniforms, wands, sorting hat, Hermione‘s Time Turner
- **A replica of Xena’s chakram
- **Little robots! Please, C3PO, R2D2 and Baymax
- **Baby Groot collection toys!!!
- **Yoda, I like.
***BONUS!!! If Loot Crate could give me various Pokemon stuffed toys, I am donating them to underprivileged kids.
Okay, last but not the least, wearables!!! Nothing screams “FAAANNN!!!” like apparel that feature your fave shows, movies, artists, and sports/teams. I have here a list of apparels I’m interested in. Again, they’re a lot not because I expect to get a lot (though that would be nice), but because I want to give them lots of options. American sizes tend to be bigger, but sometimes, they tend to be small as well, so given my size, I’m not going to assume I’d be a small.
- **BONES Squintern in Training Women’s T-Shirt (Relaxed fit, medium)
- **BONES Squints T-Shirt (Medium)
- **BONES TV Series Black T Shirt Cotton T-Shirt Men’s (Size Large, the one with faces drawn, for the hubby)
- **NCIS Mash-up T-shirt (Medium to Large)
- NCIS Abby Cameo Women’s V-Neck T-Shirt (Size XL)
- NCIS Abby Forensics Wizard Shirt (Women’s Plus size, black)
- NCIS Probie Shirt (Medium)
- **NCIS Special Agent Hoodie (dark)
- **NCIS Special Agent Embroidered Hat or any other NCIS baseball hat
- **CSI Shadow Cast Shirt (Medium)
- CSI Logo Women’s T-Shirt (Large)
- **CSI Evidence Never Lies Skull T-Shirt (Medium)
- ST Trek Yourself T-Shirt (Medium)
- **TWD Collage Shirt (Large)
- TWD One Woman Army Shirt (Medium, heather grey)
- **TWD Survival Baseball Cap
- **TWD Dead Inside Adult Hoodie
- ***TWD Don’t Underestimate Me Tank Top (Large)
- TWD Survival Women’s Fitted T-Shirt (Medium)
Alright! I think I’ve covered everything. I know it’s long, but hey, I’m given the chance so I’m taking the opportunity to let them know what I want. I think it’s a great theme because it would be nice to get a dose of all your favorite stuff once in a while, don’t you agree? I am just embracing my geek and, well, it’s a giant hug *insert giant wink here*.
How about you? Create your own dream crate and let’s see who gets the best presents from the lootfairies!
Well, April’s over (my A to Z Challenge isn’t yet), but I squeezed this one in. I’m back to my hash potatoes and today, it’s #AskWednesday day. I was asked, “What would you like to see in your dream crate?” Above is my loooong reply.
Man, it was hard not to write down EVERYTHING I want. But I didn’t want to be greedy. I did include some requests so that I could pay it forward. If I win the crate theme, that would be awesome. If I don’t, too bad, but I’d still be happy I did my list just the same 🙂
Thanks, Loot Crate!!!